Research of Tumor Diagnosis and Treatment Integration based on Melanin Nanoparticles
Biography:• President of First Hospital of Shanxi Medical University, Level-2 professor, doctoral supervisor, postdoctoral co-supervisor
• Selected as leading talent of the national Ten-thousand Talents Program, candidate of the national 100 Million Talents Project, national outstanding professional and technical talent, State Council Special Allowance Expert, young and middle-aged expert with outstanding contributions to national hygiene and health
• Expert of the 1st and 2nd review for National Natural Science Foundation of China, Director of the Key Laboratory of Shanxi Province
• Director of Engineering Technology Research Center of Shanxi Province, Director of Engineering Research Center of Shanxi Province
• Leader of a team recognized as Key Team for S&T Innovation of Shanxi Province
• 5 key projects and general projects of the National Natural Science Foundation, published more than 80 papers on SCI journals as the first and corresponding author, published more than 60 papers in SCI journals in Zone 1, some of which were published on internal top-notch journals such as Nature Communications, Advanced Materials, PNAS, JACS, etc.
• Won as the 1st Accomplisher the 1st prize (2 items) of Shanxi Natural Science and Technology and 2nd prize of China Anti Cancer Association, etc.
• Chief Editor of Nano Biomedicine and Engineering and Associate Editor of Radiology Science
Abstract:In recent years, the rapid advancement of nanomedicine has provided new opportunities for tumor diagnosis and treatment, and real-time monitoring of tumor locations with the help of a variety of molecular imaging methods is of great significance for improving the accuracy of tumor diagnosis and improving prognosis. However, the toxicity, degradability and biocompatibility of nanomaterials hamper their further clinical applications. As an endogenous natural substance in organisms, melanin features good biosafety and clinical transformation prospects. Besides, due to easier chelation between the natural melanin nanoparticles and metal ions, as well as desired near-infrared light absorption and strong photothermal conversion efficiency, they can play a role in a variety of biological imaging and tumor treatment fields. The construction of multifunctional diagnostic and therapeutic nanoprobes by modifying natural melanin nanoparticles has high clinical transformation application value for achieving safer and more efficient tumor diagnosis and treatment integration.